Week 8 Part B

 

  • What hashtags did you use on your posts?
I used hashtags that effectively explained and supplemented my content, as well as pertained to my overall business content. For instance, I posted a graphic with a pizza and had specific hashtags dedicated to pizza. This is an easy way to get views and interactions on your content, without them specifically searching for your "type of business" hashtags. 
  • How did you find ones that you used?
Building off the pizza post, I looked at many popular pizzarieas, not only in my area but on the Instagram platform. Emulating those who clearly run a successful page is always a good idea. Most likely, they have done the hard work for you (looking for effective tags) and it’s up to the content creator to make engaging content. 
  • Did you use ones that were specific to your business
#webdesign #webflow #shopify #uiux #ui #ux are all tags that are popular, and will get you free and easy followers. infact i’ve gotten 3 direct messages from other design accounts asking to speak with them, all stemming from using these various hashtags. 
  • What time did you add your posts? Were certain times (or days) more effective? Explain
I like to post at around 2pm PST. I feel like most people i personally know are on at that time, so that’s how i base it. I also find 2pm PST is a good middle ground for most major western hemisphere cities. 
  • What did you learn from this exercise?
I learned that taking inspiration from others is expteemely important. I used to think that everything I do must be original and organically thought of by myself. Though it is important to think and inovate on things, it’s worth while to “copy” those who are clearly successful. 

Comments